Do you want to improve your English and experience U.S. university campus life? Are you between 15 and 17 years old? Then the EducationUSA Academy program might be right for you!
For the first time, the U.S. Embassy in Luxembourg is pleased to offer two to three full scholarships for high school students in Luxembourg to attend the 2018 EducationUSA Academy Summer Programs. EducationUSA Academy is a three-to-four week summer academic program which provides English language courses, college preparatory content, tours of diverse colleges and universities, and cross-cultural activities for self-funded 15- to 17-year-old students from around the world. Students receive an overview of secondary and higher education systems in the United States and the U.S. college/university admissions process, develop critical thinking and leadership skills, and participate in enriching cultural and social activities.
Students will write an essay on this topic:
“Why I want to participate in the EducationUSA Summer Academy program and what I hope to gain from the experience?”
What is EducationUSA Academy?
- 4 weeks summer academic program
- English language learning
- Learning about U.S. Higher Education system
- Experience U.S. College campus life
- Cultural activities and intercultural engagement
- Fully paid program by the U.S. Embassy Luxembourg (tuition fees, International and U.S. airfare, books and materials, room and board, health insurance, cultural activities, and campus tours and VISA fees)
- 11 select U.S. college & university campuses in 11 different states
Who can apply?
- International high school students – non-native English speakers
- Between 15-17 years old
- Intermediate-advanced English speaker
- Interested in studying at a U.S. university
How to Apply:
1. Essay requirements:
- Original work of the student
- Written in English
- Maximum 500 words
2. Essays will be judged:
- Clear communication
- Good organization of ideas
3. Submit your application/Deadline:
4. Complete the EducaitonUSA Academy Scholarship application
5. Final interviews:
Based on their essays, applications and teacher recommendations, the top candidates will be selected for a final interview which will be held at the U.S. Embassy in Luxembourg. Those selected for the scholarship will be notified on March 19.
Find out more:
EducationUSA Academy website http://www.edusaacademy.org/